I need a nap so bad, that 8pm to 8am drive home was dumb.
Epic adventure photos are on this here Tumblr if you want to see.
Mega thanks to everyone who visited our booth. I was expecting to do lots of work convincing people to buy things and was blown away by how many folks were already in the know and excited about our bullshit. Thanks too for all the gifts — the unexpected food, coffee and booze kept us alive and I can’t wait to dig into these zines and comics — THANKS!!!
Also heartwarming was how much folks who had never heard of us were willing to take a chance on something new, so if you’re just joining us for the first time, welcome to this Pee Wee’s Playhouse of record labels.
I don’t know much about TV so it was pretty fun when my table-mate Rachel at Mixtape Comics would bring up Wikipedia pages on her iPhone for movie-stars that had just bought stuff, so maybe we will see some Nation Of Amanda shirts on celebrities soon?
AND WE’RE BACK
- The new Larry And His Flask LPs are done! They’re being shipped to us right now and mail-orders will then get sent right out. This record got an amazing review in AP! They’ll be on tour forever, dates are here.
- Mitch Clem’s As You Were #2 is almost ready to print. This will be debuting from our table at The Fest!
- If you’re going to The Fest make sure you check out our bands that are playing – The Slow Death, Jabber, Larry and His Flask, Big D And The Kids Table, Andrew Jackson Jihad — and we’re stoked as shit about these reunions from Knapsack, Ann Beretta and Funsize, holycrap!
- I think we’re doing a split EP with The Slow Death and comedian Kyle Kinane. Is this really happening?
- This is old news, but how awesome is Erica Freas from RVIVR’s new solo record? and the new RVIVR! I’m so glad these bands exist.
Once we get caught up, hopefully next week, I am excited to share news about some new screen-prints with artwork from Aaron Cometbus, Cannon Dill and Liz Suburbia.
Goodnight Sweet Prince,